Re: "I want to buy you Car syndrome.... share a tale..?"

RoccoPhil wrote:

> The one I am currently running is pretty rough looking, too.  But I will
> tell you what I get from a number of guys - "A Scirocco - wow, I used to
> have one of those..."

LOL.. I just got one of those the other day.  A guy was honking and trying
to get my attention at a light.  He's driving some pickem-up truck and
grinning at my car big-time.  I roll down the window, he compliments
the car then says "I used to have one of those!".

A couple of years ago at the ND show, before any of us were actually
showing our cars there, a guy came up to Doug Teulie's 16V and basically
started drooling.  Asked him how much he wanted for it.  Doug naturally
replied that it wasn't for sale.  I think that guy stood around another
15 minutes trying to re-ask the question in as many ways he could in
an effort to get Doug to budge.

On another note - I saw what had to be THE cleanest 8v in the state on
my way home tonight.  It's a white '86 or '87, euro lights and bumpers,
shaved side mouldings, 16" Hock R's, and otherwise, bone stock <looking>
and in PERFECT shape.  Paint looks original and body is 100% flawless.  No
stickers or other unnecessary add-ons.  California vanity plate
"GEOFF 01".  Anybody know this guy??  He NEEDS to do ND with us!

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0