Re: [pics] of front engine mount failure..

In a message dated 2/26/2001 9:30:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dyliu@pacbell.net writes:

<< i don't understand how this could happen unless the engine just was so
 torqued and fatigued that it finally broke at one of the anchor points. >>

Wow thats pretty cool.  No seriously, what is the condition of your rear
trans. mount.  I had my rear tranny mount sort of do the same thing a couple
months ago.  It decided to self destruct on me during a green light drag.
Stripped out the rear mounting stud for the rear mount.  Man was that a bitch
to fix.  By the way the repair that i did is still holding strong.  With that
damage that you showed i would suspect the rear mount is damaged as well.

Brian 86 16v
<http://www.geocities.com/vwrocco16v/>

<http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html>