[TECH] 16V transaxles, was Re: now: torque is good - was Re: 50 mm vs 40 mm intake

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001 10:21:30 -0600 "Christian Els" <tiAn@usiw.net>
writes:
> As I understand, the 2H does not accept 100mm CV joints at the output
> flange. Is this not true? I'm very curious as I have a 2H sitting
> under my deck, patiently waiting for me to find a 4K to trade it for so
I can
> drop it into my Scirocco 16V.
>
> Anybody confirm or refute this claim?
>
> Anybody got a 4K and rather have a 2H?
>
> LMK,
>
> Christian

Yes, you can't just swap the flanges on a 2H.

The 2H and even an FF transaxle can be clearanced to accept the 100mm
flanges, though.

The 4K has the advantages of an easy flange swap, and it can use the 020
80% limited slip kit.

The 2H is 3.94:1 and the 4K is 3.89:1.

Btw, there is an iteresting thread on flange swaps at:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/vwbb/Forum11/HTML/002132.html

HTH,
Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car, 100mm