Re: Scirocco.org a club?

In a message dated 2/25/01 7:22:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sixteen.volt@gte.net writes:

<< I'm with Jim on this one. We are one club. The Club. Getting together
 locally is awesome, but what is the real purpose of a local chapter? What
 would the benefits be? I'm not sure that it really does anything for us as a
 group.  >>

   The Hell's Angels comes to mind. Ok, a bit of a stretch. But imagine,
local chapter of Scirocco.org pulls up to a bar, a dozen or so 'roccos back
into parking spots side by side, the drivers walk in proudly wearing leather
jackets with SCIROCCO.ORG (your city here) with a VW logo in flames
emblazoned on back, the ricers foolish enough to be at thier stool/pool
table/whatever move or get thrown out (Mommy, the mean german car drivers
hurt me!)...
   ...must step away from computer, must get out...

Carl (Live to Drive, Drive to Live)
77rocco
89fox