Plugs taken out when warm was: [Tech, not specifically Roc]Running a compression test

Shawn C Meze wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Feb 2001 10:53:42 -0500 "Ryan McCarthy" <rmccarthy777@msn.com>
> writes:
> >I don't know about your bike, but personally on my roc, I wouldn't
> >warm the
> >engine up first. You're likely to strip the plug threads out of the
> >head.
> >Ryan
>
> GADS! Thats so right. Its a big no-no to remove spark plugs from a warm
> motor with an alumnium head. Having said that, ive done it quite a few
> times myself. guilty. So far ive either been lucky OR it's not as big of
> a deal as its teached.
>
> Shawn Méze

Jeeeez fellas, your scaring me. I have never heard this before, in fact
I seem to always remove them when it's hot- I get some kind of scorch
out of too. Did the spark pugs by the side of the road just yesterday.
(I was picking up new Bosch Supers and my ND REGISTRATION form, hint,
hint).

If you put the drop or two of oil on the plugs going in and use a good 6
sided wrench taking them out how common is it to strip the threads?

TBerk