Re: help with translation from German to English

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Daun Yeagley wrote:
> --- Kareem <6keb1@qlink.queensu.ca> wrote:
> > Speaking of German translations, if anyone is ever bored
> > do a search for 'Golf GTI' on napster, try downloading
> > the 1
> > or 2 German rock songs of that title and translate.
> Rock songs?  So far I've only found a country song by Hank
> Haberle, and what sounds like a comedy bit by Roland
> Duringer.  Who does the rock songs?

Mullstation (punk rock band) has a song titled Golf GTI on their
zeitbombe album..there's another kicking out there that
I had but zapped...

Not requiring translation, but thanks to jeff <jarason@reid-crowther.com>
for pointing out a Scirocco reference in the Calgary band
Chixdiggit 's song 'I should have played football in high
school'. The reference goes "I should have played football in
high school, then I could be like you...I'd drive a Scirocco and
I'd think I was cool...every time I'd drive by, all the girls 'd
go oooooh..."

well, the band isn't too fond of that particular Scirocco driver
but at least Scirocco was pronounced right..

---
Kareem
'81 S
'88 16v