Stalling '81, again, NEED HELP!!

Okay, here's the deal.  My '81 starts fine, but recently (yesterday), it
started stalling on me about 2000 rpm.  It'll kill, but start back up
again, then die, at 2k.  It did this earlier this year, and I traced it
down to a bad coil high tension connection.  I replaced all the ignition
components (coil, cap, rotor, wires and plugs) off my '84, and made sure
all the secondary connections were clean and tight.  This afternoon,
however, I found a loose connection on the back of the coil, so I
checked all connections again, and it was okay.  But as soon as it
warmed up, it stalled again, and wouldn't start well.  Rev it to 2k, and
it dies.  It will also kill at idle occasionally.  I checked all the
connections again, and everything was okay.  I suspected the connection
from the coil to the fuel pump relay, but the relay clicks off after the
car dies, and the pump runs fine.  It almost sounds like the fuel
mixture control plate is faulty, and there is a lot of oil on the lever
mechanism under the plate (I'm getting quite a bit of blow-by from the
valve cover).  I checked the vacuum lines, and they looked okay (minor
cracks, but still intact).  It only does it when it's warm, and it kills
at 2-3000 each time.  If I stand on the gas when it begins to stall, it
will stumble and keep running, albeit unwillingly.  My car is stranded
25 miles from home, and I need to get it running.  If anyone has a
suggestion, besides finding a nearby cliff......
Many thanks,
Nate
'81 (cough....wheez.....)
'84 (still sitting in the driveway)