From: Nate Mellom [mailto:bronson@inwave.com]
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2001 12:27 PM
To: Scirocco Mailing List
Subject: '81 clutch questions

First of all, when did the adjustable clutch cable come about?   Second,
in my '81, when it's cold, first is hard to find, and second is
impossible to get into.  It'll either grind and pop into second, or I
have to wait until it's warmish before I can shift into second.
Downshifting is much worse than up shifting, but both are a problem.  My
cluch feels good, but it engages way off the floor, compared to the '84
(engages right off the floor).  Can I adjust my cluch cable (haven't
looked at Bentley yet)?  I'm all full of tranny fluid (recently changed,
actually)

Nate
2 8v's