Re: 16V Dist. Oil Seal Source?

In a message dated 2/23/01 5:14:11 AM Pacific Standard Time,
rapieper@yahoo.com writes:

I was told last night by pal and lister Ben Harder
that there is indeed a source for the oil seal for the
16V distributor, but he recalled it's some obscure
source...any help greatly appreciated.  Don't want to
have to replace the whole damned thing.

Just pull the seal out, and you'll see there are some numbers on there. Then,
call around to those bearing, belt, chain places and ask if they have that
size seal. Most likely they will. Last time I bought one it was almost the
perfect size (one measurement was like 1/2 mm off...no big deal) it cost me
about $2 I think.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - future DCI drag car
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)