observations and impressions, part last (seat, engine noise, thanks)

5. Thanks for the help with my sticky seat, there was nothing in the track as
many suggested, and due to the number of dealers that had owned  the car I
only found 55 cents for my trouble, none in the track. I did get to be a
redneck for a while tho, waiting for the cable to fix the non- flipping
forward problem. Figured I may as well remove some rust so the seat was in the
living room for about a week, really comfy actually. Now I need ta get me some
major appliances for the front yard...I digress... The problem with the seat
turned out to be that the frame rubs the floorboards, PO needed to read those
"jacking" posts I guess...Now at least it moves, and I can reach the pedals,
which is nice.
6. Thanks for all your help, I'd never get this car put together without you.
7. I was told the 2L would growl, but with the exhaust falling off, it
surpasses my son's old diesel with the cherry bomb. Deafening. Can't wait to
get that TT exhaust put on, but will have it done when the head and intake go
on. Waiting to do it all at once, sort of like my wedding night...
Hope you didn't fall asleep,
Cathy with too many cars in the driveway, and a very spoiled Scirocco in the
garage!