RE: scirocco jack points

Basically any suspension mounting point should be safe, considering that
they already support the weight of the car.  If I need to get it a little
higher, I put the jack under the wheel end assembly.

The oil pan should never be used to lift the car.  It wasn't designed to
support the weight of the car, and the motor mounts are intended to support
a motor, not a car.  People put the jack under the oil pan to do things like
change motor mounts, etc.  They are only supporting the engine/transmission
so it doesn't fall on their head, and so they can get the new mounts in
place.

Aaron
'82 Scirocco
'70 Beetle