Immediate help needed (CV joint)

last night, I was replacing my ball joints when somehow, I managed to
separate the outer cv joint (driver side) from the axle. I am now attempting
to put the two back together. I have a total of 4 pieces: the axle, the outer
cv joint, a metal washer and a plastic bushing of sorts. if someone could
please tell me where this plastic bush and washer go, I would appreciate it
greatly. does anything hold the cv joint on the axle? or is it just held on
by pressure? I dont have my manual with me, so I need somebody's help!!!! tia