Re: Help need advice

"Karl G. Silvius" wrote:

> I just purchased a 1982 Scirocco that blew it's 1.7L and the guy sold it to me with a replacement 1.8L to put in it and need advice.  Where do I start and do I need any special tools.  The body is in good shape, but I will be looking for some interior parts in the near future.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
>
> --

Have you ever dropped an engine out before? Sound like not.

Seems we can break this down in manageable parts-

Prep the Car.
Prep the 'new' Motor.
Pull the 'old' Motor.
Converge & Merge.
Install 'new' Motor.
Drive in a Spirited Manner.

You should have a Bentley for the year range of your car, You should
consider all the things that are a drag to get at once you have it back
in; Motor Mounts will be replaced, clutch, seals, valve cover gasket
replaced with all rubber 'corrado' type with new studs, drop oil pan &
strip sludge, wonderful time to think valve guide seals, valve
adjustment, maybe even balanced & lightened the bottom end, an engine
hoist or a good floor jack, some two x 4s and rope/ chain, lots of
rubber gloves- I'm prob missing something, that should get you started.

TBerk