Re: scirocco-L-digest V1 #1678

RE:  Cheapest way I know of holding the valves up so you can replace
guides, etc

Uh, just a BTDT.  Use cotton clotheline.  That way if you get into string
theory like I had to, the residue has chance to burn up and blow out
exhaust.  If you use air pressure to hold valves, in addition to having
the engine at TDC, it does not hurt to also have tranny in gear -and- to
have wheels on ground.  Don't ask me how I know this.

RE:  Sequential gearboxes.

For the well heeled who are buying the tSR likages.  Tim Stiles also
offers the sequential gearboxes.  Start your own BTC series.

-- Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre