Re: [drive] Speed

In a message dated 2/15/01 8:17:14 PM Pacific Standard Time,
scirocco@macslut.org writes:

I hear a lot of ya talking about speed and how fast ya drive.  I'll be
honest with you - I love my Scirocco right about 60-65 - its my cruising
car.  Has nothing to do with her condition, its just a nice speed and I can
watch ppl glide past me and glance over.  King of the Road.  Its like the
feeling when yer cruising in the summer in an RV, no cares, no bothers, oh
and a lot less space, hehe.

Maybe it's the trans, but my "cruising speed" is about 75. It's at about
3400 then...but this is in my Rabbit... the roc broke, and before that it
would shake approaching 70 or so, anyway. Damn, that thing is slow. How can
anyone stand a 1.6? Man, that motor in my roc is worthless. =(

rant over....

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - future DCI drag car
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)