Re: [noon roc] Junkyard find

I drove to the yard in Charlotte that I've been dealing with for used
parts to check out a couple of 16v Scirocco's.  I found a nearly new
Neuspeed short shift kit in a silver 16v and a home made enrichment
device in a red 16v...but those weren't the deal.  Stacked on an Audi, I
spied a 1990 GLi 16v that took a front hit.  I was surprised how clean
the car looked for it's age and opted to take a closer gander.  Climbing
up the side of a bus, I opened the drivers door to see a pair of
beautifully clean Recaro's, the power kind.  Having a buddy with me who
owns a 1988 GL Jetta (soon to be a cross flow 2.0) I showed him the find.
 He kinda blew them off until I encouraged him to take a seat in the
car...he fell in love. (Feb 14th too)  We went to the office and asked
how much for the seats.  Are you ready?  $170.00 for the front and rear
AND the door panels.  We ran back outside and snatched 'em.  We jammed
them into the back of the Scirocco and came back to Asheville.  Today we
cleaned them up and installed them into the Jetta minus the wiring.  I
hooked up jumper leads so he could set the seats to a desired height
(yes, both motors work perfectly) and gave him a list of electrical
goodies to get so we can wire them up with relays.

I can't believe the price of those beautiful seats.  They made me wish I
was short for the first time in my life so the Scirocco could have been
the recipient.

Eric
Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!
http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v/