Re: Need Motor for Power Window ASAP

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001 15:24:08 -0500 "Jason87VW" <jason87vw@nac.net>
writes:
>Correct me if I'm wrong, but could it be a poor ground to the door, or
>am I waaaayyy off base here...

Naturally you are WAY off base, as usual. :)-

Actually, the P/W system is self contained meaning, its not grounded to
the door. His problem could be one of or a combination of a few little
problems.

Sometimes the little contacts in the switch give out and wont pass enough
amps to make the motor run. Then there is the plastic 3 prong regulator
mechanism that, after 14+ years, likes to break. Cheap crap haha right!

The motors are pretty durable actually. Ive had a couple regulators and
switches go bad but not a motor so far. Check the switch and motor first.
(try swapping a few switches around and see what happens.)

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette "SS"
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!