Re: Unknown transmission scirocco

In a message dated 2/13/01 7:32:08 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tyrone27@netzero.net writes:

I recently was in a talk about a 1986 VW scirocco I buying next week and I
friend told me there is a transmission for a scirocco that has no syncros
in it so u can change gears with out the clutch.  if course u have to use
the clutch to put it into reverse and into first gear but when u are
shifting through the gears u don't.  If anyone has info on the transmission
please give me some insight on it and the price of it.

Hmmm....maybe he's thinking of an automatic? =)

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel - trust me, a replacement is on the way!
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - future DCI drag car
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)