Re: 16V trannies (0.71 5-th gear conversion)

--- "Andrzej M." <scirocco@topnet.pl> wrote:
> Does anybody have such setup into 16V ?

  I have a 16v with a 0.80 fifth gear and Jason Cammisa has the 0.75 fifth.
I think that either of these gears would be the way to go (from experience).
Jay would probably agree that the 0.75 is the tallest 5th gear swap
recommended.
The rpm drop with a 0.71 would be VERY drastic!  I would not suggest it.

Check out scirocco.org and click on the gears icon at the bottom...then you
can enter in different gear ratios and see the differences.

HTH!

=====