Re: oil alarm buzzer & 15w30?

At 09:46 AM 2/9/01 -0500, chris jevens wrote:
Is it true that the oil alarm buzzer will go if you run 10w-30  or 10w-40? I was told this by my local mechanic. what do you guys think? If this is old subject area I'm sorry for bringin it up...

chris

That's a new one to me.  I have never heard of this and have run both these types of oil in many of my VWs of the years.

John C. Worden
Wayne, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-Back on the road-new Overdrive, welded transfer case and other stuff
'86 Scirocco 8V- Soon to be for sale
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V - Needs an oil pump gear -- Email LIST problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org. To unsubscibe send "unsubscribe scirocco-l" in the message to majordomo@scirocco.org