[eng] midnight tune-ups

  gotta quit doin' 'em. my girlfriend has to get to work early in the
morning and here i am monkeying around in my scirocco. at least she's
understanding...most of the time.
  replaced the filters, wires, etc. runs like a cat and purrs like a
kitten (complete with bad passenger motor mount vibration). only problem
i had was with the 02 sensor.
  anyone know why, for any reason, that the o2 hole threads in the
exhaust manifold should get eaten up? i know that the sensors are a pita
to remove, but i never had as much trouble getting one back in. the
threads were chewed to crap on the old sensor. the only way i could get
the new one in was with the persuasion of a rotary tool. even now, it's
only partially in, though in good enough that i won't have to worry
about it.
  good thing about all this is that i got rid of the original fuel
filter, what appeared to be the original spark plug wires, and the
champion (yech!) spark plugs that were in there. now to get the other
kinks worked out.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com