rough running 8v-Ideas??

Hi Everyone,

A friend of mine just swapped the head on the scirocco
because of a stripped out exhaust stud.  Thats all
done now but now it seams the car is running rought.
I have checked and adjusted the timing and it is is
right @ 6 deg.  The cam timing is perfect.  I tried to
adjust the fuel mixture but couldn't with the O2
sensor hooked up.  When the duty % was near 45 (wich
is were it should be) the car was really numb.  The
was pretty responsive around 30% which I though was
lean or am i wrong??  So I figured it was a bum 02
senser.  I unplugged it and did the old fashioned
adjustment.  I turned the fuel dist clockwise till it
stumbled then backed it up 1/2 turn.  Car ran smooth.
Went for a ride all was well.  Now my friend has
installed a new 02 and the car is running rough again.
 Any ideas??? Sorry to be so long winded.

Tony