Re: Seat Loosness

mine were looose too!

here's the stuff....

There's little plastic runners that clip onto the metal base ?struts? of the
seats.  They can be had at the dealer for cheap... like ~20 bucks for the
whole set.

You'll have to take the seats out to replace the plastic gliders.  Be
careful, it's easy to rip your carpet or break the plastic covers on the
inside tracks (cosmetic).  To take the seats out, there's 1 acorn nut and a
"bolt" with a flathead slot on the front center track of each seat -- take
them off.  Then slide the seat backwards carefully until it comes out of the
tracks (front and back).  It helps if the seat is adjusted all the way up
and forward. --Get a helper too!!

DON'T grease the gliders.  Clean out the tracks really well with something
like brake cleaner, and spray on some silicon lubricant NOT WD-40 (which is
teflon & goo).  This ensures the crudd built up in there won't make your
seats stick, and the new lube shouldn't pick up crudd very quickly.  I put
super heavy molybdenum grease in there, and the seats are super sticky
forward and back  uuuh  -- good hamstring workout!  I have to take them out
again and clean up the job.  Silicon lube should do the job well, it's also
used on your sunroof if so equipped.  In a pinch you could probably use
spray-on white lithium grease (used for hinges & stuff).

Reassamble, get voluntary passenger (not your mom /w full cup of
coffee --heh), drive like Schumacher and see if looseness is gone.  Hope so,
after the work is done.  If not, it could be the hinge between the bottom
and top of the seat, which I don't think is tightenable or replaceable.
(Get some nice recaros)

Hope that help'd

 Luck,

Chadwick