re: Tire options for 16" wheels

> I have considered the Nitto NT450, the Yokohama A520, and the Kumho 712's.
> *******
> Personally, I think the Nitto's are pure junk.  The Parada replaced the A520
> late last year (noise issues surprisingly) and it looks really nice.  You can
> get some really great tires in the price range you are looking and frankly I
> don't think that Kumho's will do the trick.

 Thanks to everyone for the replies and thoughts...
I am now convinced that the Nitto's are not a good choice.
The A520's sound like a really nice tire except for the treadwear factor.

The Kumho's are still a consideration...I have a friend that runs these
on his A2 GTI in 205/40/16's... he said that they didn't do as well as he
had hoped the first time out for an auto-x, but then on his second and third
time with them autocrossing he loved them... said that they had good response
and grip...he had A520's before and said that the Kumho's aren't quite as
sticky, but are a slight compromise for having such good wear.

Since this tire is still relatively new to the market, it is hard to find
out info about it...

I'm leaning towards the A520's, but since I like to travel a lot with my 16v
I am concerned with the tread life... hmmm...  more decisions!

Any other first-hand experiences would be great!

Thanks!!

=====