Re: Add on last post Corrado Perception. please read.

I've got the same shifter (cable shifter) in my passat, and you can count me
in the group that loves it.  At first it feels pretty wierd just because it
is a bit squishy, but after a while you get used to that.  The upside is
that you don't have to be as accurate with it as you do a stiffer shifter.
You just push it in the general direction of the gear you want and it slides
on in.  My wife and I both wish her GTI had the same shifter feel as my
Passat (and a VR6 Corrado).

Sincerely;
Brian Haygood

'87 Scirocco II 16v