Re: scirocco-L-digest V1 #1665

RE:  MFA sensors

Bro's 89 GTi had the outside temp sensor located under the battery, I
think.  Only changed couple degrees when stopped.  Not sure if the oil
temp readout used the sensor thats located near pass side back of head.

The fuel economy is from vacuum through 1 meter (39.37") of proper sized
vacuum tubing.  Bro pissed and moaned about mpg when I replaced all the
vacuum tubing to rule out bad idle, so splurged on some neato Si vacuum tubing
in blue, NOT the oreiental stuff sold by Summit.  Think it was 6 mm?

RE:  Gauge panel in MKI console.  BTDT>  Have commercial ABS panel sized
for two VDO 2 1/16" gauges.  Was secured by panhead screws to cubbyhole
above two existing gauges.  Can measure if your reply directly, Nate.

RE:  Temp readings, Singapore and elsewhere.  I'm sure everybody
understands your intent, but I'm kinda confused about the degrees
measured.  Only the oil temp is calibrated, and its in degrees Celsius
here in US models for OEM.....90 deg F is not hot.  MOF, 50 deg C is ~112
deg F, which is the end of the caution for cold running on oil gauge.
I agree that ensuring your fan is OK and shrouding intact are easy things
to check.

RE:  Using old relay for fuel pump jumper.  I've gotten away with it in
past, but it would be prudent to add 15-20 amp fuse to any fp jumper.
Never know and fuses are cheaper than wiring.....

HTH
--
Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...