Re: [Waay OT] 2002 Jetta TDI/ Generic A4 reviews

Well, I bought a 2000 Golf TDI, and was lucky enough to get a German built
one...no problems so far, save for having to get an alignment and one
injector going bad (that was covered under warranty).  I went for the base
model on purpose, less weight, less shit to break.  I have heard that
window regulators on the power windows are still an issue, and some of the
TDIs and ALOT of the 2.0 Crossflows are having their air flow sensors
going bad....seems like VW got a bad batch and the dealers are replacing
them free even if outside your warranty period.  Also, be aware, VW
changed thier warranty for 2002 models.  Have your friend find a 2001
model still on someones lot, cause I like the older warranty better.
(basically, old warranty 2 year bumper to bumper, 10 year drive train.
New warranty drive train is only 5 year and the bumper to bumper has been
elongated.  Also, they got rid of the free maintainance.)

Eric

On Sun, 30 Dec 2001, Brian McGarvey wrote:

> Hey ya'll
>
> Hey I got a friend that is looking to buy a new VW TDI in Texas. I have to
> ask if any of you have issues w/ any of the new Jetta's. other than it
> aint an A1, scirocco. :-)
>
> Like is this the model that the rear door handles fall off or other known
> problems exsist?
>
> brian
> 82 Topless Bunny lipstick Red.

Eric
Northglenn, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
80 Scirocco (Parts car turned Daily Driver, mine)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
84 Scirocco Automatic (SOLD)
00 Golf GL TDI (Katy is driving this for now)

-Kelli Fox