Re: Rapid Parts spam

Actually I ended up getting my parts through Chris DeLong and Autotech but
you have to understand something.  I am a VW tech, ASE cert. Master tech,
Bosch cert. and all that crap so I've been around the automotive industry a
while now and don't like paying the middle man extra money (that is why I
deal with TT directly and get better deals than I can get ANYWHERE else).
No offense to Peter, and I have no problems with ANYONE else on the list
selling parts/Potterman or whatever (bought parts from him before).  You
know where I'm coming from Shawn.  Anyway, even IF I hooked up with Peter he
wouldn't of had 16v TT HD valve springs on hand and since the are closed
until next year how could he get them?  Does he warehouse them?  Would the
price been less than $120?  Anyway, I am CHEAP with a capital C.  I don't
mind paying for quality, but I don't like to pay the 8 guys in between.
Mike and I have chatted before and the things I couldn't find anywhere else
at a better price, I got from him, same with TT, Autotech, Pick a part, etc.

As far as the spamming is concerned, I think you all know my position on
that.  I have heard some good things about Rapid parts though!  I don't
condone what they did but if something is sent to me that will save me some
money then I am all for it!  I go through about 100 + messages a day and
have gotten pretty good at deleting stuff I don't need.

Anyway, hope this explains myself.  Plus, I do remember Rapid parts spam
last year, just wasn't as active on the list back then.  I hope no one finds
any of the things I say offensive, I only like to shed light on the other
side of the story where most don't even take the time to look.  And, of the
people who do, only a few actually post (probably in fear of being
attacked!!).  Not by you, of course, Shawn : )  and I know that most of you
only post constructive criticism and not attacks but there are others who
wait for a chance to pounce.  Anyway, my .02!

Dave