You can use a golf 16v radiator in a rocco, right?

So I may need to replace my radiator and I recall
hearing that the GTI 16v one will work.  (I have a
rocco 16v) That true?

Been running the car in the driveway everyday to keep
the battery charged and yesterday I let it idle for
about 10 minutes.

Came back outside and noticed steam coming from the
front area of the drivers side hood.  Popped the hood
and steam/smoke from the middle/bottom of the drivers
side radiator.  Coolant overflow bottle empty.  Fan
not running, temp gauge only at 1/2 mark or below it.

What gives?  Did I lose the fan switch, crack an
endtank or something?  Car was fine the day before,
didn't move an inch!

-josh

=====
Josh Wyte