Suspension question

Actually a couple of them:

1.      I think I have seen this before but forget...  Will my ride heigth
be affected if I use the entire front strut asy from the 16v doner Scirocco
in my MK 1   Maybe too high I'm thinking.  16v cars-heavier etc...
2.    I will eventually have the H&RSport/Bilstein Sport and am toying with
the idea of the springs first on the stock "shocks"  then get the "Bils"
later as $ permits.  Can I run the lowered springs (1.25") with the stock
shocks?  If they will blow out in a year I dont care.
3.    Should I do all this upgrading to the original MK1 strut asy/housing
or the 16v's strut asy. See Q 1
4.    Lastly, to add to my confusion on this.  Potter shows 2 separate P/Ns
for the H&R Sport springs. (My first item in the above plan.)  1 for the
Scirocco 16v #54708 and 1 for the A1 #54740 (of which the S 16V is one) ?!

Only want to buy this stuff once but have free donor parts to use in the
interum....

Thanks for any help/opinions

Ken
1979 Scirocco  "McFly"
16v conversion - Engine in, now the hard part
Electrical  : (
VORTEX:  "Indiana Red"