87 scirocco (general)

Ok.  Remember when I said that I had a 2.0 L engine in my car but I couldnt
figure out why???  I was driven up to the POs house yesterday (since I am
good friends with his family) and found out some things that werent
explained when i bought the car.
August of 97 the engine was toast.  The PO went out and got a 2.0 L out of a
CANDIAN car in the junk yard and rebuilt the engine all fall and winter.  He
also had a tech friend that worked at the VW dealership help him.  April of
98 the engine was dropped into the car complete with ECM and O2 computer.
the old engine was scrapped.  The parts they used were not really factory
parts..
So I asked HOW the hell I was getting 40 miles per gallon on the highway..
He said thats easy!  a ***** chip (the *** was the name of the chip but I
forget what it was) was put in the ECM.. NOW it makes sense!!!  All this
time I was all I dont know how I get 600 miles per tankfull I just get it.
I'll be sure to ask the PO next time I talk to him WHAT the name of the chip
and manufacture is.  I'm sure everyone on the list wants this great gas
milage.
Also wanted to call your attention to the scirocco page of my car.
(http://www.tekworxonline.com/monster/car/index.html) I went out Friday
night and took some pictures of my new gauge plates that I got from Brett.
I also added a few little features too.
Radio shack has these clear LEDs that when powered up they have the colors,
but when sitting without power they are clear.  Buyer beware, these babies
are BRIGHT!!
I have the green wide angle LED (rs 276-304) as the turn signal and 3
blinking wide angle red lights for the battery, EGR and oil lights (rs
276-309 I think)
When I get brave enough I'll replace the low coolant light in the temp gauge
but for now it's fine.
So anyway just thought I would inform you guys of what I found out. ;)
Happy Holidays to all!
P.S. Look at Brys car too!  leave him mail.. he's my tech friend in Dallas
http://www.tekworxonline.com/silverhornet81/index.html
-=John=-