Re: Bent Valve, Too High Revs!!

Schrick makes HD valve springs.

As for what else you can do to the head while it is off:

I have seen an expensive p&p'ed head that DID NOT have a 3 angle valve job done to it.  A total travesty since the valve job gives you the most bang for the buck since your valves spend most of their time just a little above the seats.  If you don't have the valve job get 3 angles cut into the valve itself, and 2 angles cut into the valve seat.

You can also cut down the valve guides where they protrude into the ports as they impede airflow.  You will need to pull all the valves though.

If you have a lot of down time for the head, polish the combustion chamber (if not done already).  I assume the exhaust ports have already been polished.

HTH.

Victor

>>> "Dave Ewing" <rabbit16v@prodigy.net> 12/24 4:21 AM >>>
So the HD springs were failing not the adjustable cam sprockets?  If their
springs are failing where do you get others?  The only others I found were
Autotech's and I was hoping to get the parts here this week, not next year!
Thanks!

Dave