Re: steering column issues, (long and frustrating)

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001 12:42:13 -0500 "Allyn" <amalventano1@home.com>
writes:
> or just put a huge set o vice grips on the splined section and tap
> outward with a hammer.
> Al

OucH!!!

Not on my Scirocco you don't... 8^)

Using ViseGrips would be a last resort, but if you find yourself using
ViseGrips, make sure you use something to protect the splines.

If the steering column won't extend, you could always replace it with the
Rabbit one.
Sometimes the metal strap gets bent out of shape and prevents the
steering column to fully extend.

HTH!

Peter

Peter  http://thescirocco.com - http://tttuning.com - Peloquin -