Brake bleeding question...

I've been bleeding brakes the sloppy way (without a collector hose) for
years, and never had any problems.  Last night I decided to do it the
politically correct way, with a clear piece of tubing on the bleeder
valve.  The problem: a single bubble appeared right after I cracked the
valve open each time! I only did the two rears, and they were both the
same.  I bled a pint through each side (pass. side first), and still
got that little bubble...

Could a bit of air be getting by the bleeder valve each time I crack it
loose?  Is this normal?  The brakes seemed fine afterwards, so I'm
assuming I got all the air out...  But maybe there's a shitload of air
in the lines and I just haven't bled them enough...

Thanks,

  Mark - spoken after EVERY brake job: "I really should build that
power bleeder for NEXT time" :-)