Re: This is the kind of site I like :)

OK it's amusing to read, but this nugget does much to destroy any
credibility they had:

"And I can say, like a XXXer mentioned about his Acura, my K-car
derivative Daytona Shelby Z is 10 years old, has 115,000mi, is
relatively easy to work on and gets 24mpg with my foot in the throttle
body.  It produces well over 1 hp per cubic inch, (1.3 stock and at
least 1.8 in current modified form) handles like a slot car, uses no
fluids, and eats Hondas and 5.slows for breakfast. Nobody better slam on
K-cars if I'm around! They may not be "fashionable" but they did exactly
what they were designed to do, be cheap, dependable, transportation that
keeps going and going and going....Talk about beautiful engineering,
what other design could possibly spawn off so many different body
styles?  There's great engineering for you!"

Considering they sold 10's of millions of K-car variants, that you are hard
pressed to find one still running says volumes about "great engineering" but
as an indicator of its complete absence from the platform. I would suggest
the multitude of body styles merely suggests that it's easier to sell sh*t
if you can't sniff it.

The GLH-S and Turbo Z cars are fast, but they aren't what he makes them out
to be.

Then again, we have built our little shrine to a car that's even slower,
didn't sell as well and is a derivative platform of an econocar too. Er,
oops  : )

Christian Els
'87 16V