Re: 16v conversion not worth it? Scirocco too slow?

My $150 motor gives all but the better drivers and or well modded cars a run
for the money. I owned a mustang 5.0 that ran low 14s but now I own a
scirocco that runs high 13s go figure :)
My two favorite quotes I heard from  losing racers were "what do you got in
that thing?" and  "how much NOS you running?" The first was from a MK1
Lightning driver the second was from a MK3 GSX turbo.
Its not all quarter mile either, this summer an E36 M3 had my car glued to
his bumper till the high 120s (gear and tach calculated) although I do have
268s now that I bough used for $400. Tha guy was cool and gave me a big
thumbs up afterwards.

BTW...I am still faster than the Mad Bastard.....lol....<have not heard from
his since waterfest anyone see him lately?>

Jasin
 MK1 NA 16v