From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Nate Mellom
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 10:56 PM
To: Daun Yeagley
Cc: Monster; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: (Was-Re: 87 scirocco) Why we own our cars, the short version

Hell, I could have given up on my '84 after the first engine went, and
then the second.....but no.  What'd I do?  Went out and bought my '81!!

I've dumped 3 times what I paid for my '84 into it and I'm nowhere near
done.  But ya know what?  I love my car and I won't give up on it
anytime soon.   That's what owning these cars is all about, tinkering,
putzing, fixing them when they break, over and over again, putting way
too much money into them, pissing off girlfriends for bringing home
more, it all adds up to Scirocco ownership.
Enjoy it!!
Nate
'81
'84

If I hadn't sunk so much money into the 2 I already have, I'd take it
off your hands too!!
=o)