From: Christian Els [mailto:tiAn@usiw.net]
Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2001 10:23 PM
To: Allyn; Chris DeLong; tofunit@yahoo.com; scirocco-l@scirocco.org; Jim
Jarrett
Subject: Re: [OT] Winmail.dat

>From Microsoft's KnowledgeBase:

"When an end user sends mail to the Internet from an Exchange Windows or
Outlook client, a file attachment called Winmail.dat may be automatically
added to the end of the message if the recipient's client cannot receive
messages in Rich Text Format (RTF). The Winmail.dat file contains Exchange
Server RTF information for the message, and may appear to the recipient as a
binary file. It is not useful to non-Exchange Server recipients."

This was the first hit on a Google search for "winmail.dat" The Internet is
your friend...

Christian Els
'87 16V