Re: Did 16v 'roccos ever come with a 120mph cluster?

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001 13:54:49 -0800 (PST) josh Wyte <josh_wyte@yahoo.com>
writes:
> just wondering as I noticed that my 16v has a 120 mph
> speedo cluster, exactly the same one that's in my 86
> 8v parts car.
>
> If not, anyone have the proper cluster kicking around cheap?
>
> =====
> Josh Wyte
> Momentum Motorsports
> 508-833-3024 After 5 pm EST

No, 140 and 160 MPH in the US...
The '84 and up, Scirocco 8V's came with 120MPH/7K RPM clusters.
Our '84 1/2 came with a recently added 16V 140MPH / 8K RPM cluster, and
it was a direct swap according to the PO.

What tack do you have, 7 or 8 KRPM?

Peter  http://thescirocco.com - http://tttuning.com - Peloquin -
http://quaifeamerica.com/ -
http://www.magnecor.com/ - http://ronalusa.com - Discount dealer -  Bear,
DE 19701
'79 Scirocco 16V, '83 GTI,  '84.5 Scirocco
'84 GTI - SciRollers: '79 , '84 , '88
http://feedbyte.com
http://cgi.ebay.aol.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=599
137298