From: "Victor Farren" <vfarren@smtp.cdie.org>
To: <sjclar00@hotmail.com>; <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 2:29 PM
Subject: Re: What's the black box right under the hood on the driver'sside?

The big boxk that is labelled KE Jetronic is your injection computer, aka,
the KE Jetronic computer.  Your best bet is to get one from a lister has one
from a known running car, or go to the junkyard.  I have heard of only a few
cases of these things going bad, but it does happen.

How do you know your computer is bad?

Victor

>>> "Sean Clark" <sjclar00@hotmail.com> 12/13 2:20 PM >>>
Sorry for putting the entire question in the subject, but that box, be it
fuel injection control unit, ignition control unit, or whatever, is screwed.
  I'm wondering what it's exact name is (for a 88 Scirocco 16V)and also what
my best means of getting ahold of one would be (they are $1000 new).
Junkyards or online parts broker?  I assume that all 16v rocco boxes would
be the same.  Do I need to match model year, or just get a 16v box?  Any
information would be great.  Thanks,

-Sean