RE: Radiator options for MK1 16v

> Count me in on this as well, my engine is in, and after receiving a
> radiator, I drilled the second hole, AND sawzalled the lip above the
> radiator about 1/4 inch, and THEN found out that the hoses wouldn't
> match up to the outlets. Talk about not paying attention...DAMN! Also,
> after mounting the engine and tranny, I have now decided I want all poly
> mounts. The front mount is poly already, but this means I have to jack
> the engine up, secure it and remove both side mounts, have them pressed
> in and out, and reinstall them. I thought I had everything planned real
> well, but maybe next time. It seems like were all standing over our
> MK1's scratching out heads right now. Hey, how many of you have got your
> wives screaming at you to finish the car? ;-0
>
> Jason F. Snow
> Home: (781) 440-9453
> Work: (781) 902-3931
> Pager:(914) 321-2863

With the low hood clearance of the Mk.1, the best solution is to use the non-a/c 16V Scirocco (same as an A2) radiator and a non-a/c upper hose.
The non-a/c radiator has a nipple for the reservoir.
I used the reservoir bracket from Rich Deede's black Scirocco, thanks Rich!, and welded it to the driver's side strut tower, POR'd and painted everything black.

I'll try to get some pics of my setup...

--

Peter - <http://thescirocco.com> - http://tttuning.com/ , Peloquin LSD, http://quaifeamerica.com/ , & http://www.magnecor.com/ -  Bear, DE 19701                '79 Scirocco 16V 25 049
'83 GTI 37 505