*ENGINE CEASE UPDATE* GOOD NEWS!!!

it started!!! i finally got it starting. i took out plugs 2 and 3 and
tried turining it over, putt putt putt *cough* putt putt putt putt
*caugh*. sounded like that. then i put 2 and 3 back in, putt putt
putt *caugh* *caugh* putt *caugh* putt putt putt *caugh caugh* VROOM!!! it
quickly died, but it started. i let it sit for about 10 min and tryied
firing it up again. started right up. oil pressure was great (pegged @ 70,
like it always was). sounded like a valve was tapping, that ticking noise
(which i had noticed before all this happened, but ignored because sometimes
it went away). but this is a 16v with hydro lifters. the oil pressure was
slowly dropping (got down to 40 then i shut it off), but it was at idle and
i didnt rev it ever. it didnt sound 100%, but its running now, which is much
better than the 2% it was at. at first it had a very rough idle, but it
seemed to mellow out after a bit. still, i dont dare drive it anywhere. so
whats my next move? take the pan off and have a look to see and replace the
barrings? if all is going well, do you think that i will be able to drive it
to a garage that i will have later this month (its only two miles, but i
have to take the main road though town)? i need to get the ish done on my
car asap. thanks everyone!

-Craig

"Nightmare" '88 16v (soon to be g60 Turbo!!)