Re: FS : Auction : OHION /Columbus -> 84' Scirocco 16vbody kit _84GTI engine

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, ATS - Patrick Bureau wrote:

> Not mine as usuall just caught this on Ebay. here is the link
>
> Daun? Ron? Ben? Looking for another car ?
>
> <<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=59906725
> 7&r=0&t=0>>
Hi all,

I had been dealing with this person on this car, she had promised to send
me pictures by the weekend that just passed, and the tentative plan was
for me to come up and check it out this coming weekend.

Obviously, i guess she has decided to go elsewhere to sell it, which is no
problem as i probably didn't need to buy 2 roccos ;)

Dont expect much in the way of answers to technical questions, and I was
unable to get any pictures out of her. Its not a 16v, as it doesnt have a
16v motor in it nor does it come with one. My best guess is that its
actually a wolfsburg that has the same body kit as a 16v... as i think
that kit started on the wolfies in late 84. OR it could be that it was
upgraded to a 16v int & kit, but hard to say either way. But, are leather
wolfie seats from 84 as well bolstered as the 16v ones?

Major concerns i had, are: 1) what color purple is it? & does the color
match inside the engine comp etc? if it neede a respray of the dented door
would you be able to get a match? 2) she doesnt seem to know cars, she
said no rust, but i dont know if she would think to poke around in the
underbody to look for structural rust, i was guessing i'd drive up and
find some of this kind of rust if it had been in ohio its whole life, but
this is just a guess from seeing other non-galvanized a-1's in yards here
in missouri, i havent actually seen her rocco.

On the other hand, she was going to sell to me for $300, and even with
those suspicions of mine, i thought it was worth a look, though i still
wouldnt buy it sight unseen. I've been burned before.

take care,

Steve