Re: Can't get fender off Mk2, need some help!

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001 10:02:44 -0800 (PST) josh Wyte <josh_wyte@yahoo.com>
writes:
> Sorry bout that last email, my fat fingers screwed
> up...
>
> Anyways, I have all the top bolts out, bottom bolts
> out, bolts behind the headlite out, as well as having
> broken free all the glue on the top, including the
> firewall glue, yet the fender *still* won't come off!
>
> If I jiggle the fender, the whole front section moves,
> mid section moves, but it seems like it's hung up
> somewhere in the back near the firewall.  For the life
> of me, I can't see or find out where.
>
> Tips?  Suggestions?
>
> -josh
>
> =====
> Josh Wyte
> Momentum Motorsports
> 508-833-3024 After 5 pm EST

How about the 2 screws that screw the rear part of the fender to the
firewall/door pillar?

You have to scrape the seam sealer/undercoating to see them usually.

Btw, is this in HTML?

Peter  http://thescirocco.com  http://tttuning.com  Peloquin
http://quaifeamerica.com/  http://www.magnecor.com/  http://ronalusa.com
-  Bear, DE 19701 '79 Scirocco 16V 25 049 '83 GTI 37 505 '84.5 Scirocco
42 133
'84 GTI 63 348  - SciRollers: '79 70 900, '84 Black, '88 Red -
http://feedbyte.com
http://cgi.ebay.aol.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=599
137298