Re: Bad Wheel Bearing?

Put the front end on jack stands and with the aid of a helper try and make
the noise again. If it replicated on the stands locate the noise (probably a
tight spot in the cv cage), if you cannot replicate the noise then check
your ball joints (the load on the ground maybe forcing the the ball joint to
move). Or if you have to much slop in the strut mounts (a large amount) it
could allow the SAI (steering axis inclination) to over extend and rub
something. Just a thought

HTH

Brian

87 16v