From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Scott Williams
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 11:33 AM
To: T Berk
Cc: Scirocco List
Subject: RE: voltage dropping... dropping...

> Well, since the run is long, voltage drop is a question. What size gauge
> cable you using?

I'm using 12 guage, I think? It came with a kit from Hella. It is the same
stuff that I used in the Warpig without any problem, in fact. The ends are
premade and mighty sturdy.

> In the mean time I would clamp a jumper cable from the NEG. battery post
> to some good clean metal in the back and be sure the CASE of the Alt has
> a good connection to the frame up front.

Will do.

> Sounds like the voltage reg. in the Alt isn't up to snuff, that it might
> have been strained and is going out.

Could a bad ground strain it? Perhaps I should rerun that ground cable all
the way to the front of the car...

> 10v will get you home (without using the lights) but during the day you
> should undo the battery from one post, and hopefully recharge it a bit
> (trickle, not fast).

Well, 'tis a good thing that I have that kill switch mounted in the dash,
eh? This contraption had better get me home tonight (with headlights on) or
I won't have any opportunity to recharge it. (sigh)
Scott F. Williams
Account Manager
GENUiTY - Eastern Region
100 Wall Street, 10th Floor