poor drivers/construction (long)

Being that I live about 1 hour from Atlanta Ga, I can tell you that we have
some of the worst drivers in the country and some of the worst contruction
as well.  An if you think you have bad drivers where you live, just ask them
where they are originaly from, bet the answer Ga.

On numorus occasions I've had everything from a geo metro to a Full blown
semi whip out in front of me.  Today alone I had a older chevy pickup cut me
off while I was in the fast lane.  At the time I was doing about 85mph (yes
I was speeding, but in I-75 @ 6pm if you arn't doing 80+ you get run over)
and the truck just moved over in front of me with only a car length and a
half to spare.  A qucik down shift, foot to the breaks and a liberal
applying of the horn button just to make sure he knew I was there.  What did
I get for this, the all american universal hand gesture for "how ya doin".
Ok, so it's not that nice, but you get the point.  However, even when I'm
not speeding I see ppl crossing 3 lanes and sometimes 4 lanes of traffic at
the last moment to hit an exit ramp.  Near misses are daily occurances.
    As for construction, well, lets just say that Atlanta has been under
construction since the civil war and it truely shows.  They fix pot-holes
here with metal plates (and no this isn't covered by road hazzard for your
tires) with sharp corners.  Sometimes they just toss some loose gravel in
the holes.  Nothing worse the an 18 wheeler chucking a rock outta the hole
while doing 70+.  Road rage is also at a premium here, nothing is forgiven.
This is why I live about 50 miles north in a nice quiet area where tree's
still exist.

William Snyder
88 Scirocco 16v
89 Cabriolet 8v