Re: Mk1 monowiper: how to increase the speed?

--- Jeremy Salda <roccoguy@mac.com> wrote:
> Also, I have wondered about using a Mercedes motor.
> Some of their cars
> have the mono wiper setup don't they. The ones I
> have seen seem to move
> pretty quick.
>
> jeremy

There is a danger in powering up the motor - I've seen
some stress around the "cowl" or sheetmetal where the
wiper arm comes out of the body.

More power in the motor will mean more stress on this
area (unless it is somehow reinforced).

In perfect condition the wiper moves fast enough but
certainly "appears" inadequate compared to the
Mercedes set up. When it runs slower than it is
supposed to it becomes problematic.

I found that keeping the mechanism in prime shape
makes it fast enough for me (along with the use of
RAIN-X, which really works!)

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)