Re: Mk1 monowiper: how to increase the speed?

On Tue, 04 Dec 2001 09:40:05 -0800 "Jonas K." <jkarlsso@metabolex.com>
writes:

> Maybe I don't get it, but isn't the shaft on the motor splined. Then
> couldnąt you just remove the linkage from the splined shaft,
> reposition the arm to wherever you want it, and reattach. It should now
park
> wherever you repositioned it to.
>
> I thought this was how all those "cool" guys got their wipers to
> stay vertical on the windshield.
>
> Lemme know if there's something I'm missing.
>
> Jonas
> 78 1.8 slow wiper
> 85 2.0
> 90 coupe quattro 20v

I see what you mean, I'll have to try that.

The thing that confused me, is that the park is in the middle of the
sweep...

I installed the wiper linkage, in the same spot as the original, but I
think I had to move the clocking of the wiper motor.

I turned the ignition on and turned the wiper motor on, (without the
wiper arm), and then I shut the wiper off, allowing it to park before I
terned the ignition off.

And then, I secured the wiper arm w/blade at the 9 o'clock position.

And then, I watched the wiper blad go to 12 o'clock, back past 9 and
across my hood.

I'm thinking WTF is going on here...

So I re-clocked the wiper arm, after setting it to park, and now it went
too far the other way, past the windshield, and across the wiper cowl.

On my 3rd try, it stayed on the windshield, it parked at 11 o'clock, and
I was done with it.

When I installed a mono wiper on my '88 Scirocco, with the '88 Scirocco
16V wiper motor, it worked normal...

Thanks!

Peter - <http://thescirocco.com> - http://tttuning.com/ , Peloquin LSD,
http://quaifeamerica.com/ , http://www.magnecor.com/ -
Bear, DE 19701
'79 Scirocco 16V 25 049
'83 GTI 37 505
'84.5 Scirocco 42 133
'84 GTI 63 348  -
SciRollers: '79 70 900, '84 Black, '88 Red -
http://feedbyte.com ___________DO