Re: RE: Dumb question about solid lifter heads

Yes.  You will need a special tool to depress the lifter so that you get the shim out.  I went to the junkyard and pulled a bunch of shims from some solid lifter heads so that I would have a bunch of different sizes when adjusting the valves.

Victor

>>> "Drew Teague" <roccnroll@hotmail.com> 12/04 12:52 PM >>>
I have a noisy solid lifter head too, and am planning on putting in a
g-grind, so I was looking up how to adjust the valves.  According to my
Bentley, unless I'm reading it wrong, the way to do this is to measure the
gap, then change the little adjuster plate (dealer part?) to the size you
need to make the gap right..  Is this basically what you guys mean when you
say "adjusting the valves"??

Drew